High quality Wiggers Custom Yachts construction of a very successful Doug Peterson design. Sistership to 1981 Canada Cup winner.
Custom Brendan Dobroth re-fit keel added stiffness and downwind control
Very clean cockpit layout for highly efficient crew work
Standard racer interior with 4 adjustable pipe berths, 2 quarterberths and 2 settee/berths.
Dining table to port with double seat bench, portable cooler under and storage outboard & above bench.
Galley to stbd with sink and handpump, stove, butane seaswing, storage above and below counter.
Enclosed head to port and hanging locker to stbd for lines, lifejackets & clothing
Platform for sail handling forward, convertible to v-berth. Storage under and large hatch above.
Bow re-faired, long-boarded and painted Spring 2017 by Wiggers
Trax is still a good PHRF racer and competitive under IRC.
Big boat racing at an entry level price.
- Engine Propulsion
- Electronics & Navigation
- Sails & Rigging
- Deck Features
- Plumbing System
|Draft - Fin Keel:||7.45|
|Displacement:||16,400 lbs||7,439 kg|
|Displacement - Fin Keel:||16,400 lbs||7,439 kg|
|Ballast:||5,423 lbs||2,460 kg|
|Ballast - Fin Keel:||5,423 lbs||2,460 kg|
|Total Water Capacity:||~15 gal||0 liters|
|Holding Tank Capacity:||~13 gal||0 liters|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||~18 gal||0 liters|
|PHRF LO:||~ 68 (92 Whitesail)|
- Pathfinder diesel - 4 cyl, 40 hp
- ~2000 hours
- Engine instruments - water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter, tach
- 2-blade folding prop
- Shaft drive
Sails & Rigging
- Performance Custom Sails;
- #1 - Great Shape
- Main - Great Shape
- Sobstad Sails;
- #3 - Good Shape (battened)
- 2 x #1 Practice Sails - Damaged
- North Sails;
- #1 Light (Spectra) - Good Shape
- Delivery Main (Dacron) - Fair Shape
- 3 Spinnakers (1 - Tri-radial)
- 1 Chicken Chute
- 1 Blooper
- 1 Spinnaker Stay Sail
- Painted aluminum masthead. 3-spreaders, keel step
- In-line shrouds, continuous
- Running backstays & checkstays - backstays winches in helm cockpit
- Running backstay lashed semi-permanently to checkstays
- White painted aluminum boom
- Rod backstay terminating in hydraulic backstay adjustor under transom
- Rod forestay with Tuff Luff twin groove foil with toggle attachment at tack
- Triple foretriangle halyard arrangement with spinnaker pole toppinglift sheave below halyard sheaves
- Headsail halyards 7 x 19 galvanized steel wire with Sparcraft triggerlock shackles and rope tails
- Mainsail halyard 7 x 19 galvanized steel wire with Merriman style halyard shackle and rope tail
- Spin pole toppinglift 7 x 19 ss wire with snapshackle to rope tail
- Spin pole inboard end up/down - internal mast track with 2:1 purchase and cleats on mast
- Stearn hydraulic vang.
- Outhaul - hydraulic
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjustor - new
- Double action hydraulic pump
- Double rail ss pulpit with running light fixture.
- Tapered aluminum stanchions with double vinyl-coated ss lifelines.
- Stern ss corner rails with double lifeline gate across stern.
- Foredeck - ss tack fitting for forestay attachment with genoa tack rings and ss snapshackle. Tack rings function as bow line tie-offs. Staysail track on centreline between tack fitting and forward hatch. Fixed pad-eyes inboard of sheerline - 3 on each of port & stbd and one forward of staysail track. Fairleads for spin pole downhaul on port side leading aft to pit. Large foredeck hatch at forward end of coachroof..
- Mid-deck - mast partners with vertical cheek blocks (5) to port & stbd of partners for halyards and controls to lead aft to pit. Floating bullet block on cunningham purchase, leading aft to pit. Inboard blade track, port & stbd, between chainplates and coachroof, forward and aft of chainplates. Short jib track aft of chainplates in line with lower shroud and genoa track Narrow sheeting angle #1 and #2 genoa tracks with 1 lead car per track with 4:1 car towing purchase leading to cam cleat at forward end of cockpit. Stand-up block on padeye port & stbd for afterguy leads to spinnaker winches.
- Pit - 2 x Lewmar 44AST winch, 1 each port & stbd, for halyards and controls. 2 x Lewmar 40AST winch, 1 each port & stbd, for halyards and controls. 7 x clutches for halyards and controls, incl 2 mounted fore/aft for mainsail halyard.
- Aft deck - Harken 6" dia double sheave ballbearing footblock for genoa sheet leads from block to winch, port & stbd. Stand-up block on padeye, port & stbd, for running backstay lead to winch. Harken #65AST 3-speed genoa winch port & stbd. Harken #44AST winch port & stbd for running backstays. Rudder head on deck aft of helm cockpit.
- Cockpits - Forward cockpit for headsail and mainsail trimmers and pit. AutoNav multi display flushmounted in cabin bulkhead to stbd. Forward cockpit separated from helm and running backs cockpit by traveller beam. Reservoir for hydraulic fluid on forward face of traveller beam. Hydraulic controls panel on aft face of traveller beam, with valve positions for backstay, vang and outhaul. Harken traveller system with windward sheeting car and 4:1 car adjustment purchase lines port & stbd. Harken course trim blocks with 5:1 purchase ending at Hexaratchet with cam cleat. Nicro fine trim blocks with 4:1 purchase ending at block with cam cleat. Winch handle pocket port & stbd. Short pedestal with binnacle compass and binnacle guard with large ss destroyer wheel in cockpit recess for low windage. Engine gauges to stbd. Shore power and manual bilge pump to port. Chronometer flushmounted in traveller beam. Autopilot control head mounted in traveller beam.
- Under cockpit - large central platform for stowage &/or sleeping space with overhead light. Quarterberth port & stbd, adjustable pipe cot port & stbd above. Opening port on port & stbd into cockpit.
- Main cabin - companionway steps immediately forward of engine box with access on both sides and front and electrical panel, VHF and stereo. Settee port & stbd with adjustable pipe cot above, port & stbd. Teak & holly cabin sole. Three fixed ports on port & stbd.
- Midships - keel-stepped mast on aluminum step with fore-aft adjustability. Chainplates for in-line shrouds in open stowage with closed stowage locker aft. Teak dining table to port of mast with 2-seater bench and storage above/outboard and below.. Galley to stbd of mast with chainplates in open galley stowage and closed stowage locker aft. Single-burner butane gimballed 'seaswing' pot, 2-burner Origo alcohol stove, ss sink with handpump for freshwater. Two stowage lockers with thru-hull access under galley counter. Main bulkhead immediately forward of mast, painted white with teak trim on top and sides. Mast wiring led through bulkhead at top to junction boxes on forward face at top. Teak & holly cabin sole.
- Forward - enclosed head with teak door to port with marine toilet and holding tank, bladder type. High capacity manual bilge pump mounted in head. Sink with handpump for freshwater in counter with stowage under and access to thru-hulls. Hanging bar opposite to stbd for lines, lifejackets, etc. and triple rail above floor to hold footwear, etc. Teak & holly cabin sole.
- Plywood platform under foredeck hatch for sails stowage and handling, convertible to v-berth. Open gear stowage below. Ring bulkhead forward of platform to empty or open stowage space.
- Small dining table to port
- Origo stove and sink to stbd
- Stowage to port & stbd
- Manual marine toilet to holding tank
- Freshwater tank
- High capacity Manual bilge pump
- Sink with handpump in galley
- 12V and 110V circuits with circuit breakers on panel with battery selector switch
- Vapour proof switch
- 2 x battery
- Shore power with Xantrex smart battery charger
- 12V and 110V outlets
- Copper wiring
- Cabin lights
- Running lights
- Mast light
- Electric bilge pump
- Built as semi-custom by Wiggers and other builders to compete as 2-Tonner in IOR. Trax is one of three built for Toronto area owners in early '80s.
- Cored hull and deck - foam
- Moderately deep fin keel with high ballast ratio for high righting moment and stiffness
- Large cockpits for efficient crew work and helming positions
- Interior very basic with good standing headroom, 8 single berths. Small dining table and bench seat and basic galley midships to port & stbd of mast step abutting main bulkhead. Enclosed head to port opposite hanging rails for lines and gear. Lightweight forward v-berth/sail handling platform under foredeck hatch. Open stowage space forward of ring bulkhead in bow.
- Steel cradle
- Full Canadian Coast Guard safety equipment