Hayat is a 44′ steel cutter sloop. A double ender or canoe stern, with centre cockpit, built in Holland for the purpose of sailing to the most remote waters of the world, including the Arctic and Antarctica as well as other places with harsh conditions.
Launched in 1993, taken to the ocean in 1995 and took up home in the Great Lakes in 2001.
It is a boat built to live on. Comes fully equipped. It has been well maintained at a high standard. Owner is retiring from major sailing. An August 2012 survey is available.
|Displacement:||44093 lbs||20,000 kg|
|Ballast:||13228 lbs||6,000 kg|
|Total Water Capacity:||264 gal||1,003 liters|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||171 gal||650 liters|
|Sail Area:||120 m2||1,292 ft2|
Sails & Rigging
- Custom mast is made by Holland Spar in the Netherlands. with folding steps added all the way to the top for easy access.
- Genoa is on a Schaeffer 4100 furling.
- Sails include Main, Genoa, Storm Jib, #2 Genoa and 2 Spinnakers, all in good condition.
- The interior is built out of Mahogany, selected from the same tree, and beautifully done.
- Upholstery is in Blue velvet and in good condition.
- Because steel boats do not require many bulkheads, the interior is open and very spacious.
- All cabins are heated through a diesel fired Webasto central heating system.
- Stove is fuelled by two 30 lbs propane tanks stored in aft section.
- Colin Archer/K.Kornaat Design
- Built in Geulsschp building, Holland
- Hayat is built out of steel with hull plating of 5mm.
- Deck and superstructure are 4mm.
- Keel sole and sides of keel 10mm.
- Lower hull are 6mm.
- V berth or fore peak is separated from the main cabin by a watertight compartment as is the aft section. The chain locker is also closed off with steel door.
- The hull has been painted several times over Awl grip primer 545. and compound filler of Awl grip D8200. The hull has been finished in Awl grip G5007 Royal Blue and the superstructure is finished in white Awl grip while the deck is in G1007 Grey with 73013 particles.
- Hayat is equipped with 5 anchors, all with line.
- 75lb Delta on the bow with 300' chain and LoFrance Tigress winch, (2015)
- 50lb Danforth on the stern
- 80lb Danforth and a 60lb Fisherman in the V berth
- A Bruce is located in the aft section